Wednesday 4 January 2012

Buddy Repperton

Following on from my previous post, I felt I had to post a classic scene of the bully, Buddy Repperton from 'Christine'. Here, Repperton is at his evil and tormenting best. As I have mentioned already, Repperton looks and is far too old to be a high school bully but he carries his job out with gusto.



In the DVD featurette, 'Christine' producer Richard Kobritz said that Columbia Pictures actually wanted Kobritz and John Carpenter to lace the film with profanity in order to secure what Kobritz called a 'hard R' rating. Why they wanted this, I don't know, nonetheless, this scene does an admirable job at achieving that goal.

One of the best but least necessary uses of the word 'fuck' occurs here as Repperton tells auto-shop teacher Mr. Casey: 'Yeah- try it you little bald fuck and I'll knock YOU through the wall. FUCK!'

Repperton's second use of the word almost seems to indicate he may have stubbed his toe or dropped his keys down a drain. Here's the scene in question:



No comments:

Post a Comment